CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ready ready ready ready to read

Please note that the above title must be sung to the tune of the dixie chicks song "ready to run"- at least for the full effect.

I am, admittedly, a nerd. And I don’t care who knows it- I embrace it. I love art and all sorts of music and books and I am teaching myself to become fonder of poetry etc… I really love books. They are the best!!!
The other day I made a list of some books that I want to read… even though I should just be reading text books. C’mon. Let’s face it- I’m not gonna do the reading for class anyways so I might as well accept it and not feel guilty when I read what I want to.
So here is my list. Let me know what you think- or if you have any other reading suggestions for me!

Persuasion*- by Jane Austin (like every girl you know I too love Jane Austin. I’ve never read this one and I’m excited about it. It was her last completed novel)
The Glass Castle*- by Jeannette Walls (I’ve already read the first chapter and I should tell you… I’m in love with this book)
The Gun Seller – by Hugh Laurie (What?! Black Adder wrote a book?!- I’m sooooo reading it)
The Color of Water- by James McBride (Mom tells me it’s a good one)
Jane Eyre -by Charlotte Bronte (I’ve heard you’re not officially a girl until you’ve read this book.)
Letters -by Marjorie Pay Hinckley (There are not words to express how much this woman has already touched my life. I can’t wait to read more of her word!)
The Turn of the Screw -by Henry James (sounds fun!)
Alice in Wonderland- by Lewis Carrol (I've always been a bit curious about this one)

There are about 100 other books that I can think of that I want to write down- but if I make this list too long it will become unrealistic and I will end up ignoring it and never reading.

*= Recently purchased and ready to read!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love you Bex. This is one of the reasons why. You DO love books. man, you're cool. I would add the Tale of Despreaux, by Timothy Basil Ering. It is a young adult book but it is so good.:) Shaun and I are reading it together right now and we are loving it. PLUS, Dawn read it and liked it too. So, there you go. Okay, if you still need more convincing, let me read you a few lines.
Me: "Title Page: The Tale of Desperaux, being the story of a mouse, a princess, some soup, and a spool of thread" turn the page: " The world is Dark and light is precious. Come closer, dear reader. You must trust me. I am telling you a story." OH! Don't you already love it? it is a story about an unlikely hero and sometimes the author stops and talks to you and says, "reader, do you know what that word means? maybe you should look it up in the dictionary." then the author keeps using the word. It rocks.

Emily said...

Oh yeah, for the record. I read your title to this post to the tune of ready to run before you even told me to! lol I love the Dixie Chicks. Did you know that?

LaRance family said...

Ok Emily and I must be on the same brain wave cus not only was I going to suggest that book (one of the only books I have read after high school, so that right there says something) but I also sang your title before you told me too. I wish I was more of a reader. New goal: read one novel before the end of the year. Keep tabs on me.